Pavilion & Campfire Rental Pricing and Scheduling
Member Facility Rental Pricing
- Hourly Rate: $125 (minimum 2 hours)
- 1/2 Day Rate: $400 (4 hours)
- Full Day Rate: $800 (8 hours)
- Multiple dates: Call 201-568-6093 for Rates
Facility Rental Add-Ons
Rental Pricing Policies
*includes materials for s’mores
Tenafly groups of TPS teachers and students, municipal groups (ex. library), and other officially sponsored borough groups may use the facility without charge. However, reservations are still required to avoid conflicts.
Individual and Family Use
Individuals and families wishing to enjoy the trails and not reserve a space exclusively are welcome to use the picnic tables in and/or around the pavilion (whenever they are not in use by a reserved group) dawn to dusk everyday. A facility rental will be required for any interest in the use of the campfire ring, fireplace, or an animal encounter.
We encourage all visitors to make a small donation (suggested at $2 per person), which can be placed in one of our donation boxes. Reservations are required for all self-guided groups of 10+ people to avoid conflicts.
To Make a Reservation
Our schedule can fill months in advance! Time slots can be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am–9:00 pm, seven days a week, depending upon our availability. Rentals are a membership benefit. Not a member? Join today!
To request a rental, email the Rental Coordinator. They will set up and schedule the rental. For faster scheduling, have several date & time options ready. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Mailing and email address
- Home and cell phone number
- Age of expected guests (children vs. adult)
- Number of expected guests
- Name of any add-ons (optional)
- Requested date
- Requested start time for rental
Review and sign the confirmation form upon receipt. Payment can be made via cash, credit, or check. Please make checks payable to Tenafly Nature Center. Credit cards accepted through the Event/Birthday Coordinator.
Mail the signed confirmation form with payment, to the Event/Birthday Coordinator c/o Tenafly Nature Center.
Once your rental is scheduled and payment is made, an educator will contact you 24-48 hours prior to the rental date to introduce themselves and confirm any last minute details.
Rental Policies and Procedures
Check in Procedures
Upon arrival please check with the staff at the main building to identify that your group has arrived. You will have 30 minutes scheduled prior to start time to setup for your event.
Policies and Procedures
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
We strongly suggest that you visit our facilities to ensure that they meets your needs.
Rentals are outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, guests may request moving into our visitors center indoor museum.
- If your event must reschedule, a $50 rescheduling fee will be applied.
- Membership is considered a donation and is non-refundable.
- If your event must be cancelled, refunds are based on how far in advance cancellation is from scheduled date.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 11 days’ notice - NO REFUND
We reserve the right to terminate your event for non-compliance with these regulations and prohibit plans that may interfere with operations, cause harm to animals, or other reasons at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- A minimum charge of $50 will be added and an invoice on your Tenafly Nature Center account will be created in the event of damage to a room or its contents or if garbage is left behind. Tenafly Nature Center will notify account holder by phone if an invoice is created.
- We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled activity if actual group size and age levels differ substantially from the reservation without notification. The above cancellation/ refund policy applies.
Tenafly Nature Center offers facilities that are wheelchair accessible. We ask that you give us two weeks notice so that we can accommodate the needs of your group.