Preparation for School & Summer Group Visits
- Notify us in advance of any special needs or considerations for your group.
- One parking space must be provided near the entrance of your location (if no parking is available at your site then a fee will be added to cover any associated garage fees).
- For Individual Class TNC to Go Programs Please Separate
- Pre-school & Kindergarten students into groups of 25 max (or one class) prior to arrival.
- 1st-12th grade students into groups of 30 max (or one class) prior to arrival.
- Programs require one group leader/teacher per class and one adult chaperone per five students. Additional parents may not attend without prior permission from the Education Director.
- Advance notice of additional students and adults is required. TNC reserves the right to limit the number of non-registered participants on the trail to the number originally registered on the confirmation form.
- Programs begin and end at the time listed on the confirmation sheet. Program time will not be altered due to lateness. Please contact us if delayed while en route.
- For all scheduled programs one Environmental Educator will be assigned to lead each group.
Consecutive programs are programs held one right after another, for different classes, in the same location with no more than a 60 minute break between two of the programs.
Classes with more than 30 students will be charged the assembly fees. An assembly program is one program, held for multiple classes, in one location, and at one time (for assemblies there is no maximum limit of attendees).
- Please make sure all cell phones are set to vibrate.
- Attending group leaders and chaperones are required to stay and be a part of the program. They will be asked to assist when necessary to provide an enjoyable experience for all involved.
- Child discipline is the responsibility of attendant adults, not the staff of TNC.
Groups are Expected to:
- Notify us in advance regarding any special needs or considerations for your group.
- Behave and group leaders are responsible for maintaining discipline.
- Treat our equipment respectfully.
- Cancel with a minimum of 48 hours notice if you need to do so.
Program and Payment Policies
- A non-refundable program deposit of $50 is required for each date you are scheduled for, and must be received within one month after receiving confirmation of the program date.
- Programs scheduled with less than two weeks notice will require a non-refundable deposit of $50 three days prior to the program.
- Additional parents may not attend without prior permission from the Education Director.
- Payment can be made by your group representative via check, cash, purchase order, or money order (credit cards may be accepted by letting the Education Director know of your payment choice ahead of time).
- It is the duty of the group representative to collect and pay the entire fee (TNC will not accept individual payments from the participants).
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
- If you must reschedule or cancel, a $50 processing fee will be applied. Cancel with a minimum of 48 hours notice if you need to do so.
- If your TNC to Go must be cancelled, refunds are based on how far in advance cancellation is from the scheduled date.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 11 days’ notice - NO REFUND
- We reserve the right to terminate your event for non-compliance with these regulations and prohibit plans that may interfere with operations, cause harm to animals, or other reasons at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled activity if actual group size and age levels differ substantially from the reservation without notification. The above cancellation/ refund policy applies.