Survival of the Fittest
WEEK FULL-Please add your name to the waitlist and you will be contacted if a space becomes available.
Do you have what it takes to survive? Animals do! When baby robins fall out of the nest, it’s using a survival strategy, as is a snake with black, red, and yellow coloring. Animals have many means of protecting themselves and their young. Campers will be fascinated to learn about the numerous adaptations animals use for getting ahead in the game of life. We will learn all about how animals protect themselves by means of claws, colors, and chemicals.
Ten week-long Pre-K & Kindergarten (4-5 yrs.) day camp sessions available. Each week runs from, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm daily [with AM (9:00 am-12:30 pm) or PM (12:00-3:30 pm) half day options available].
Pre-K & K campers must be a minimum of 4 years old and bathroom independent. For the safety of our staff and campers, TNC staff do not go into the bathroom with campers.
Watch Out, Weather: June 24-28 [Pre-K/K]
World of Wildlife: July 1-5 (no camp July 4) [Pre-K/K]
Creepy Crawly Critters: July 8-12 [Pre-K/K]
Homes and Habitats: July 15-19 [Pre-K/K]
Superb, Splendid Senses: July 22-26 [Pre-K/K]
Forest of Four Seasons: July 29-August 2 [Pre-K/K]
Survival of the Fittest: August 5-9 [Pre-K-1st]
Mammalrama: August 12-16 [Pre-K-1st]
Plentiful Plants: August 19-23 [Pre-K/K]
Look to the Sky: August 26-30 [Pre-K/K]
- Use the grade your child is entering next September to determine group.
- Campers may attend multiple weeks. Each week will feature different activities.
- After registering, primary guardian will receive confirmation emails.
- Be sure to sign up early; space is limited and pre-registration is required.
- Extended Care may be provided before and after camp for an additional fee. This is not an extended camp experience. During this time campers participate in supervised, self-directed, indoor activities.
- Pre-Care: 8:00-9:00 am, $60 per camper per week.
- Post-Care: 3:30-5:00 pm, $75 per camper per week.
- If registering for both Pre- and Post-Care, fee is discounted to $125 per week.
- Daily options available!
- Current annual Family Membership ($60) is required for all participants in our camp programs. Not a member? Join or renew now and take advantage of what the nature center offers all year round.
- Click the Register button, complete the form, and pay with a credit card.
- Wait for your confirmation email and use the link to log into our online health system: CAMPDOCS. (May take up to a week to receive email)
This is where you will tell us about your camper, fill out health information, emergency contacts, other important safety data, and submit the following required files:The Mandatory Health Packet: Universal Health Record from your child’s health care provider.
Including an Immunization History:
- Please note, if your health care provider will not be including a complete immunization form the Health Department requires a written statement signed by the parent or guardian explaining how the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with the camper’s exercise of bona fide religious tenets or practices. General philosophical or moral objection to immunization shall not be sufficient for an exemption on religious grounds.
- A copy of your insurance card.
- A copy of any information regarding your child's activity restrictions/special needs (ex. IEP, ISFP).
- Complete the form submission through CAMPDOCS 7 days prior to the start of the camp session. New Jersey state law requires that campers submit a current health record each year.
Failure to submit all forms to TNC 7 days before the first day of camp will result in forfeiture of your registration fee. No exceptions.