To Register Online
- Click on an event in the Seasonal Programs section to view the details for an event.
- In the events detail page (if the program is open for registration), you will see a "Register" button on the left side. Please note: if the program is full or registration has closed and a waitlist is available you may join the wait list by clicking the "Join waitlist" button
- Click the "Register" button.
- Credit cards can be processed during the registration process.
- To pay with cash or a check, please complete the registration process online. You will then be sent an invoice via email and can return payment to us via mail with the invoice. Please make checks payable to: Tenafly Nature Center.
- Complete payment is required to hold reservation, we reserve the right to delete incomplete registrations.
- Prices are per person for all programs (unless otherwise noted).
- Register for all programs that you intend to participate in, including "free" programs so that we can prepare.
- Select programs require a minimum registration number. These may be cancelled if minimum is not reached prior to program.
Program Participant Waivers and Releases
All Tenafly Nature Center program registrants acknowledges, appreciates, certifies and agrees to the following waivers and releases:
- Waiver/Release Relating to Communicable Diseases Such as COVID-19 (click for full waiver/release): I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that they have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it and registering for a Tenafly Nature Center program, and by doing so agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
- Photo Release:
I hereby grant Tenafly Nature Center Association permission to use my or my child’s likeness in photograph(s)/video in any and all of its publications and in any and all other media, whether now known or hereafter existing, controlled by Tenafly Nature Center Association, in perpetuity, and for other use by the Nature Center. I will make no monetary or other claim (whether for breach of privacy or otherwise) against Tenafly Nature Center Association for the use of the photograph(s)/video for educational or marketing purposes.
Please respect the wildlife and their homes. Take only pictures...and leave nothing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Have a mask so that you have your PPE on hand at all times. Masks are required to be worn outdoors while in the preserve. Unless you are maintaining a 6+ foot distance from other visitors and non-family members/household partners/caretakers. Masks are not required for people under the age of two, when eating or drinking, when doing high intensity aerobic/anaerobic activities, and where the presence of a mask would pose a risk to the individual's safety.
- Tenafly Nature Center asks all visitors, whether onsite for a self guided walk or participating in a Tenalfy Nature Center programs, to abide and follow the rules and regulations detailed as part of our lease agreement with the Borough of Tenafly. As a guest in a nature preserve, we ask that you respect these rules to keep TNC a safe, clean, natural, and pleasant place to visit. Please ensure any other people in your group or family, including children, understand them as well.
- Trails are open to the public daily, one hour after sunrise until one hour prior to sunset. Visitors are allowed on the property outside of those operating times only if they are accompanied by a staff member.
- Please be respectful and keep loud voices and noises to a minimum.
- Leave No Trace — Carry-In, Carry-Out - Take all trash with you.
Refund Policies for Family and Adult Programs
- Please consider taking a credit for future enrollment, or making a donation to support TNC's mission.
- For one-time seasonal programs such as Campfire & Night hikes, Guided Walks, Maple Sugaring, or other programs for which individuals and families may register, we can offer refunds (if your program fee was $50 or more) only if the program is canceled or rescheduled by Tenafly Nature Center (ex. insufficient registration or inclement weather). If your program fee was less than $50 a credit will be issued for you to utilize, within one year of cancellation.
- Membership is a tax-deductible donation with year-round benefits, and is non-refundable.
- No refunds will be given after a series begins. For series based programs with inclement weather dates (ex. Knee High Naturalists, school enrichment) if Tenafly Nature Center cancels (ex. inclement weather) no refund will be given. Instead one of the unused rain/snow dates will be utilized.
- No refunds due to changes in individual schedules, non-covid related illness, or other personal reasons.
- In cancellation due to a covid related illness and/or family emergency, refunds will be assessed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- The staff reserves the right to cancel registration without refund for unacceptable behavior or children registered for the incorrect age group/grade level.
- Nature Day Camp (vacation or summer), School, Scout, Birthday Parties, Adult, Library, Senior Center, Garden Club, or other group programs and special events have different refund policies. Please see those pages for additional information.