Schedule Early! Spring and Fall time slots can fill months in advance, but we're open all year.
For faster scheduling, have several date & time options ready when you submit the form below.
When you schedule a program, a time slot will be reserved for you. Time slots can be scheduled between the hours of 9 am–9 pm, seven days a week, depending upon our educator availability. Scout group programs are usually booked Monday-Friday afterschool and on weekends, but other time slots can also be arranged.
Complete the Scout Group Program Interest Form below.
(Please note that it may take 24-48 hours for us to receive and review your request. We will be in touch via email as soon as possible).
Review and sign the confirmation/invoice form upon receipt. Payment can be made via cash, Purchase order, credit card, or check.
- Please make checks payable to Tenafly Nature Center.
- Credit cards may be accepted by letting the Scout Coordinator know of your payment choice ahead of time.
Mail the signed confirmation form with payment, to the Scout Coordinator c/o Tenafly Nature Center.
Review scout program policies so that you are aware as to what the leaders responsibilities are, and what Tenafly Nature Center will provide.
Programs begin and end at the time listed on the confirmation sheet.
Participants should wear sturdy shoes or boots and rain gear when applicable.
Scout leaders and attending parents are required to stay with their group during programs. Scout discipline is the responsibility of the scout leader and attending parents, not the TNC staff.
Scout Program Pricing
|| 1 Hour
|| 1.5 Hours
|| 2 Hours
|Boy Scout Programs
Girl Scout Programs
| $8 per person
| $10 per person
| $13 per person
|$19 per person
- Half-hour Campfire: $50.
- Apple Cider Press Rental Fee: $50
- Materials fees for select Girl Scout Programs: $25 for up to 15 girls, $50 for more than 15 girls.
- There is no additional charge for leaders.
- A non-refundable program deposit covering the minimum of 10 participants is required for each date you are scheduled for, and must be received within one month after receiving confirmation of the program date.
- Programs scheduled with less than two weeks notice will require a non-refundable deposit covering the minimum of 10 participants three days prior to the program.
- Groups of fewer than 10 are welcome, but the deposit charge is required to secure a time slot. Additional scouts are a per person fee based on program length.
- Additional participants over the amount of 10 are to be paid for on the day of the program.
- One parent for every 5 scouts may attend for free; additional parents and siblings are charged the per person fee.
- Additional parents and siblings may not attend without prior permission from the Scout Coordinator.
- In order to obtain adequate staff, advance notice of additional participants is required. We reserve the right to limit the number of non-registered participants on the trail to the number originally registered on the confirmation form.
- The maximum number of participants per program is 30 (scouts, parents, and siblings combined).
- No participants under the age of five, please.
TNC to Go Pricing
60-Minute Individual Class
| 1st Program (NJ & NY)
| 1st Program (NYC boroughs)
| Consecutive Programs
- There is no additional charge for Leaders.
- *Additional fee is included to the First program fee for all New York City boroughs visits to cover NYC permit requirements.
- A mileage charge of the current IRS rate per mile round trip is added to the program fee if the location is outside of Tenafly.
- One parking space must be provided near the entrance of your location (if no parking is available at your site then a fee will be added to cover any associated garage fees).
- Consecutive programs are programs held one right after another, for different groups, in the same location with no more than a 60 minute break between two of the programs.
- Groups with more than 30 participants will be charged the assembly fees. An assembly program is one program, held for 30+ participants, in one location, and at one time.
- Payment can be made by your group representative via check, cash, purchase order, or money order (credit cardsmay be accepted by letting the Scout Coordinator know of your payment choice ahead of time).
- It is the duty of the group representative to collect and pay the entire fee (TNC will not accept individual payments from the participants).
Accessibility at TNC
Many of the programs Tenafly Nature Center offers can be altered to accommodate participants with special needs. We ask that you disclose pertinent information with a minimum of two weeks notice about any students that have any special needs (particular educational requirements resulting from learning difficulties, physical disability, or emotional and behavioral difficulties). This information enables us to make the necessary accommodations needed to meet the needs of your group.
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
- TNC programs are taught mostly outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, an alternate undercover program may be substituted.
- If you must reschedule or cancel, a $50 processing fee will be applied.
- If your Field Trip or TNC to Go must be cancelled, refunds are based on how far in advance cancellation is from the scheduled date.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 11 days’ notice - NO REFUND
- We reserve the right to terminate your event for non-compliance with these regulations and prohibit plans that may interfere with operations, cause harm to animals, or other reasons at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- A minimum charge of $50 will be added and an invoice generated on the group’s Tenafly Nature Center account in the event of damage to a room or its contents or if garbage is left behind. Tenafly Nature Center will notify the group contact by phone if an invoice is created.
- We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled activity if actual group size and age levels differ substantially from the reservation without notification. The above cancellation/ refund policy applies.
If your group has visited us recently and you would like to let us know what you thought, please complete an evaluation form. This evaluation will help us to continue to refine our offerings thus ensuring we are providing all groups with high quality programming in the future and meeting your expectations.