Plants and fungi are two different kingdoms that comprise a large portion of species on earth. There are several things that differ among fungus and plants:
- Plants reproduce through seeds and pollen; fungi reproduce through spores.
- Plants have chlorophyll and can produce their own food; fungi cannot produce their own food and live off others.
- Plants have roots, stems and leaves; fungi have filaments..
- Plants are producers; fungi are decomposers..
- The cell walls on plants are made of cellulose, while those of fungi are made of chitin.