Counselors-In-Training (CITs) gain valuable experience working with Tenafly Nature Center's Professional Environmental Educators and children. By assisting the staff, CITs develop the skills to communicate effectively with different age groups while keeping young campers safe and entertained. CITs help to prepare, lead and clean up camp activities for our school break and summer Nature Day Camp sessions throughout the year.
- The program is open to students aged 14 -18 years old (entering 9th-12th grade) who enjoy being outdoors and working with children.
- CIT’s must be available for
- All mandatory training days June 24-25 (2:00 pm - 5:00 pm).
- Training includes natural history, assisting with camp, and completing a leadership project.
- Minimum 2 week availability during the summer (tell us your availability; we schedule based on that). Additional weeks possible in summer and throughout the year.
- The CIT summer schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Earn community service credit.
- Bond with other teens
- Be a role model to the younger campers
- Space is limited.
I am interested in becoming a CIT at TNC. What do I do?