Tenafly Nature Center does not want to turn any child away from making a connection with nature and strives to give all children access to time spent in nature, regardless of their ethnic, social or economic backgrounds. Therefore scholarships are made possible each year through the generous donations of individuals and organizations.
Through our sponsor a camper scholarship program, your donation will enable children to take part in TNC's science and environmental education programs. Donate to support our scholarship program today!
Families and Individuals:
In order to assist eligible families and individuals with children (ages 4-13) with financial aid, TNC provides scholarship assistance for our camp programs. Families may apply for support for more than one child however, depending on demand, scholarship funds may be limited to one per family. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that every application will result in a scholarship. Tenafly Nature Center will award scholarships based on the following considerations:
- Scholarship fund availability
- Demonstrated financial need resulting from low income or extenuating circumstances of the applicant family
- Demonstrated interest in camp/nature from the child
- Available space in camp sessions
Camp Scholarship FAQ’s
- How are scholarships determined?
Scholarships are awarded primarily based on need. The scholarship committee will confidentially review applications and determine awards.
- How much money is available for scholarships?
Limited funds are available. Scholarships are awarded in various amounts; some partial scholarships may be awarded.
- When are the deadlines for scholarship applications?
There is no deadline for scholarship applications. We do advise that you sent your application in as soon as possible as there is a limited amount of funding for scholarships.
- When will scholarship applications be reviewed?
Our goal is to respond to requests within two weeks of receipt.
- How will I be notified whether or not my child will receive a scholarship?
You will be notified with an official letter via email if a scholarship has been awarded to your child. The award letter will contain instructions on how to register your child for camp.
Scholarships are limited and are handled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Complete the entire individual scholarship application.
- A copy of your most recent federal tax return and any other relevant income documentation or a copy from your school district stating that you qualify for free or reduced lunches.
- Complete your program registration online.
- E-mail your completed application (all incomplete applications will be returned).
Please note: All Scholarship recipients will be asked to commit to creating thank you cards, submitted to TNC to be shared with our Scholarship donors. Thank you for helping us to share the impact of these programs with our supporters!