How to Book a Party?
||Read over the Party Themes page and choose between our three party packages: Classic, Deluxe & Ultimate. Then, fill out the corresponding birthday interest form.
||To reserve the date, a $50 deposit is required
||Review and sign the confirmation form upon receipt. Payment can be made via cash, credit, or check. Please make checks payable to Tenafly Nature Center by the given due date. Credit cards accepted through an online invoice which will be emailed to you for your convenience.
||Read the Parent Checklist to review policies, understand what the parents responsibilities are, and what Tenafly Nature Center will provide.
||Once your party is scheduled and payment is made, the educator will contact you 24-48 hours prior to the party date to introduce themselves and confirm any last minute details.
||Party time! Enjoy the day with your loved ones and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Party Example Schedule
| 10:30 am-11:00 am
|| Parents/guardians arrive and set up (may decorate)
| 11:00 am-12:00 pm
|| Themed Program (TNC Educator or Guest Presenter led)
| 12:00 pm-12:30 pm
|| Refreshment time. Pizza, cake, etc. (Parent led)
| 12:30 pm-01:00 pm
|| Parents/guardians hand out favors as guests depart. Clean-up.
| 01:00 pm
|| Depart from TNC (with smiles, presents & garbage in the car)
Supervision and Helpful Tips for Maximum Fun
- Participant behavior is the responsibility of the parents, not the staff of TNC. We ask party parents to provide adequate supervision for their guests.
- If your adult guests will be staying for the party, a maximum of 10 supervising parents are permitted to accompany the children during the themed program in order to provide a quality experience for the birthday child and their guests.
- Non-supervising parents who stay are welcome to enjoy refreshments and conversation in the conference room or non-program space of the pavilion while the children are with the educator.
- Siblings who are not guests of your party, as well as parents who do not wish to remain for the duration of the party, may tour our grounds. All children must be accompanied by an adult when visiting other areas of the TNC.
- Smaller groups may make your child’s program more meaningful. (Inviting the entire class is polite but not possible at our facility)
- Please keep in mind that TNC is a nature preserve. For the safety of all guests and the nature center please visit our Trail Map page and respect all the trail rules & information posted.
- For more information on trip preparation, pavilion use, directions, and other policies, please visit our Group Attendance Policies page.
- Group representatives assume full responsibility for the behavior of their guests and damages to the property.
- Gratuity is not required but greatly appreciated!
COVID Safety Measures
- TNC requires that you have a mask on hand at all times.
- Social distancing is in effect and masks must be worn when guests cannot maintain a distance of 6 feet from each other or are not solely with family members, household partners, and/or caretakers.
- Masks are not required for people under the age of two, when eating or drinking, when doing high intensity aerobic/anaerobic activities, and where the presence of a mask would pose a risk to the individual's safety
- All participants (or guardians) must sign a waiver
- Parties are only offered outdoors
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
- Birthday party programs are taught mostly outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, an alternate indoor program may be substituted.
- If you must reschedule, a $50 rescheduling fee will be applied if applicable.
- Membership is considered a donation and is non-refundable.
- If your party must be cancelled, refunds are based on how far in advance cancellation is from the scheduled date.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 14 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 14 days’ notice - NO REFUND
- A minimum charge of $50 will be added and an invoice on your Tenafly Nature Center account will be created in the event of damage to a room or its contents or if garbage is left behind. Tenafly Nature Center will notify account holder by phone if an invoice is created.
- We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled activity if actual group size and age levels differ substantially from the reservation without notification. The above cancellation/ refund policy applies.
- We reserve the right to terminate your event for non-compliance with these regulations and prohibit plans that may interfere with operations, cause harm to animals, or other reasons at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Accessibility at TNC
Select birthday programs are wheelchair accessible at the Tenafly Nature Center. We ask that you give two weeks notice so that we can accommodate the needs of your group.
Photography Mark Saunders
- Birthday parties begin and end at the time listed on the confirmation sheet. Please ask parents to drop off and pick up children promptly. We strive to start and finish parties on time, as there are often other parties scheduled on the same day.
- Parties are held under our outdoor, covered pavilion which has retractable canvas sides and a fireplace.
- Parties run rain or shine unless TNC must cancel due to extreme circumstances.
Party Decorations & Setup
- We suggest that you arrive 30 minutes before your program start time in order to decorate the party space.
- Decorations are welcome (we suggest banners, crepe paper, streamers) and parents are asked to leave the space in the same condition as they found it. There are 6 picnic tables sized 4 x 8 and 2 with wheelchair extensions sized 4 x 10.
- Items that are not allowed: noisemakers, piñatas, or balloons (latex or mylar can be harmful to wildlife).
- Tenafly Nature Center respectfully requests that noisemaker or live animal party favors be excluded from your party favors.
- Read our green party tips page for advice and ideas on throwing an Eco-friendly party!
- After the party program, we suggest 30 minutes to enjoy refreshments on your own (provided or delivery arranged by the family).
Food may be brought or delivered to your party (there is no cooking or refrigeration on site).
- Tenafly Nature Center practices the principles of Leave No Trace. Trash removal is your responsibility. Please bring a trash bag for your garbage and take it with you when you leave.
- No drink boxes, please (clear straw wrappers can be harmful to our animal friends).
- Please do not place any food, plates, cups etc. in the trash cans outside, this attracts wild animals.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- As guests leave, we suggest families utilize 30 minutes for clean-up to make sure the space is how it was found.
- Tenafly Nature Center practices the principles of Leave No Trace. For more information on these principles, please visit the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics page. Please bring a trash bag for your garbage and take the bag with you when you leave.
- TNC has the space for recyclables, and encourages the recycling of cardboard, glass, metals, and plastics numbered 1-7.
- For the health of our wildlife, please do not place any food, plates, cups, etc. in the trash cans outside.