Schedule Early! Spring and Fall time slots can fill months in advance, but we're open all year.
For faster scheduling, have several date & time options ready when you submit the form below.
When you schedule a program, a time slot will be reserved for you (this includes your arrival, 1-3 programs, and optional trail and food time). Time slots can be scheduled between the hours of 9 am–9 pm, seven days a week, depending upon our educator availability.
Complete the Adult Group Program Interest Form below.
(Please note that it may take 24-48 hours for us to receive and review your request. We will be in touch via email as soon as possible).
Review and sign the confirmation/invoice form upon receipt. Payment can be made via cash, Purchase order, credit card, or check.
- Please make checks payable to Tenafly Nature Center.
- Credit cards may be accepted by letting the Education Director know of your payment choice ahead of time.
Mail the signed confirmation form with payment, to the Education Director c/o Tenafly Nature Center.
Review field trip policies so that you are aware as to what the group leaders responsibilities are, and what Tenafly Nature Center will provide.
Adult Field Trip Pricing
|| Half Day
| Full Day
| Up to 20 participants
| Up to 25 participants
| Up to 30 participants
- Maximum group size is 30 people per TNC educator.
- A maximum of 120 people can be accommodated at TNC at one time. Larger groups can be divided between morning and afternoon, or scheduled over several days.
- In order to obtain adequate staff, advance notice of additional people is required. We reserve the right to limit the number of non-registered participants on the trail to the number originally registered on the confirmation form.
- If your funds are limited, please consider applying for a scholarship (we strive to make nature accessible to everyone).
TNC to Go Adult Speakers Bureau Pricing
60-Minute Individual Class
| 1st Program (NJ & NY)
| 1st Program (NYC boroughs)
| Consecutive Programs
Program and Payment Policies
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required for all programs.
- Programs scheduled with less than two weeks notice will require a non-refundable deposit of $50 three days prior to the program.
- Payment can be made by your group representative via check, cash, purchase order, or money order (credit cards may be accepted by letting the Education Director know of your payment choice ahead of time).
- It is the duty of the group representative to collect and pay the entire fee (TNC will not accept individual payments from the participants).
Accessibility at TNC
Many of the programs Tenafly Nature Center offers can be altered to accommodate participants with special needs. We ask that you disclose pertinent information with a minimum of two weeks notice about any participants that have any special needs (particular educational requirements resulting from learning difficulties, physical disability, or emotional and behavioral difficulties). This information enables us to make the necessary accommodations needed to meet the needs of your group.
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
- Field Trip programs are taught mostly outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, an alternate indoor program may be substituted.
- If you must reschedule or cancel, a $50 processing fee will be applied.
- If your Field Trip or TNC to Go must be cancelled, refunds are based on how far in advance cancellation is from the scheduled date.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 11 days’ notice - NO REFUND
- We reserve the right to terminate your event for non-compliance with these regulations and prohibit plans that may interfere with operations, cause harm to animals, or other reasons at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- A minimum charge of $50 will be added and an invoice on the group contacts Tenafly Nature Center account will be created in the event of damage to a room or its contents or if garbage is left behind. Tenafly Nature Center will notify the group contact by phone if an invoice is created.
- We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled activity if actual group size and age levels differ substantially from the reservation without notification. The above cancellation/ refund policy applies.
If your group has visited us recently and you would like to let us know what you thought, please complete an evaluation form.
This evaluation will help us to continue to refine our offerings thus ensuring we are providing all groups with high quality programming in the future and meeting your expectations.