Becoming a Volunteer…
As a Tenafly Nature Center volunteer, you become part of the solution, helping to protect our clean air, clean water, and preserve wildlife and the community. You can help us keep our mission of environmental education and land stewardship alive. In turn, you will work with our staff, gain valuable knowledge, partake in unique experiences and deepen your environmental awareness.
Who should apply?
- Adults, teens (14+), and groups
- Those who can make a time commitment
- Independent people and team players
Want to help, but you’re under 14 years old? You can! You need to have a parent or adult work with you. Follow the procedures below for filling an application and make sure your adult fills one out too.
Tip- We encourage teen applicants to call and fill out applications themselves. This way they can learn about the nature center on their own and we can learn about them too.
I am interested in volunteering at TNC. What do I do?
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Form Online and hit submit or
- Print and complete the 5 page volunteer interest form (PDF format)
- Wait for our e-mails (please note that it may take two to four weeks for us to receive and review your application).
- Once reviewed we will add you to our volunteer e-mail database and send you opportunities as they arise. When specific openings are available, we will call to discuss matching your special skills and talents with our needs.
- Thank you for your interest.
Note - Volunteer opportunities are limited. Availability is determined by the seasons, weather, skills offered and supervision/leadership available. Volunteers that are able to come weekly are extremely valuable to us. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!