- A non-refundable deposit for a program covers 10 scouts. Leaders are always free. Groups of fewer than 10 are welcome, but the deposit charge is required to secure a time slot. Additional scouts are a per person fee based on program length.
- One parent for every 5 scouts may attend for free; additional parents and siblings are charged the per person fee.
- The maximum number of participants per program is 30 (scouts, parents, and siblings combined).
Half-hour Campfire: $50.
Apple Cider Press Rental Fee: $50
Materials fees for select Girl Scout Programs: $25 for up to 15 girls, $50 for more than 15 girls.
1. Contact the Scout Coordinator via e-mail or at (201) 568-6093 to request a program. She will work with you to create a confirmation for your program. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
2. Review and sign the confirmation form upon receipt. Please make checks payable to Tenafly Nature Center.
3. Mail the signed confirmation form with payment to the Scout Coordinator.
- Your name
- Mailing address
- Home and cell phone number
- Age of scouts
- Number of scouts, number of adults
- Troop/Pack & Den, town, and level
- Name of the program
- Requested date (please have several date options)
- Requested time for program
- A non-refundable deposit is required for all programs. Additional participants over the amount of 10 are to be paid for on the day of the program.
- We accept check, cash, or money order (credit cards not accepted).
- It is the duty of the group representative to collect the fee from the participants; we will not accept individual payments from the participants.
Reschedule, Cancel & Refund Information
- TNC programs are taught mostly outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, an alternate indoor program may be substituted.
- If your group must reschedule, a $50 rescheduling fee will be applied.
- If your group must cancel, refunds are as follows:
- More than 30 days' notice - 100% refund
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% refund
- Less than 11 days’ notice - no refund
Accessibility at TNC
The Tenafly Nature Center offers programming that is wheelchair accessible. Select evening programs, as well as select badge programs, are wheelchair accessible. We ask that you give two weeks notice so that we can accommodate the needs of your group.
If your group has visited us recently and you would like to let us know what you thought, please send us a program evaluation.
Your response will assist us in providing all groups with high quality programming in the future.
Saturday, December 20, 2014 • TNC Trails
Sunday, February 01, 2015 12:30 PM • TNC Visitor Center
Sunday, February 01, 2015 2:00 PM • TNC Visitor Center