Schedule Early! Spring and Fall time slots fill months in advance, but we're open all year.
1. Contact the Education Director via e-mail or at (201) 568-6093 and she will contact you as soon as possible. Please be prepared to provide following information:
- Your name
- School name
- School mailing address
- School phone number
- Emergency cell phone number
- Email address
- Age of students
- Number of students per group
- Number of expected adults per group
- Name of the program(s)
- Requested date (for faster scheduling, have several date options)
- Requested time for programs (for faster scheduling, have several time options)
2. Review and sign the confirmation form sent by the Education Director.
3. Mail the signed confirmation form with payment to the Education Director.
Field Trip Pricing
There is no charge for teachers and aides.
If your funds are limited, inquire about a scholarship.
|| Each additional student
| A program up to 1 hour
|| $135 (up to 25 students)
||$6 per person
| A program up to 1.5 hours
|| $185 (up to 25 students)
|| $8 per person
| A program up to 2 hours
|| $235 (up to 25 students)
||$10 per person
- Maximum group size is 30 children. A maximum of 120 students can be accommodated at TNC at one time. Larger groups can be divided between morning and afternoon, or scheduled over several days.
- Programs require one teacher per class and one adult chaperone per ten students who may attend for free.
- In order to obtain adequate staff, advance notice of additional students is required. We reserve the right to limit the number of non-registered participants on the trail to the number originally registered on the confirmation form.
- The same per person fee applies to additional students and parents who wish to attend the program.
- Please separate students into groups of 25 (or one class) prior to arrival.
TNC to Go Pricing
There is no charge for teachers and aides.
If your funds are limited inquire about a scholarship.
A mileage charge of the current IRS rate per mile round trip is added to the program fee if the location is outside of Tenafly.
| Class Numbers
|| First Program
|| Consecutive Programs
| Individual Class (up to 30 students)
| Assembly (more than 30 students)
- Classes with more than 30 students will be charged the assembly fees.
- Larger groups can be divided between morning and afternoon programs, or scheduled over several days.
- Consecutive classes are programs held one right after another, for different classes, in the same school with no more than an hour break between two of the programs.
- An assembly program is one program, held for multiple classes, in one location, and at one time.
- One parking space must be provided near the entrance of your location.
Program and Payment Policies
- A non-refundable deposit is required for all programs.
- Programs scheduled with less than two weeks notice will require a non-refundable deposit three days prior to the program.
- Additional parents may not attend without prior permission from the Education Director.
- Payment can be made by your group representative by check, cash, purchase order, or money order (credit cards not accepted).
- It is the duty of the group representative to collect the fee from the participant. TNC will not accept individual payments from the participants.
Reschedule, Cancellation & Refund Information
- Field Trip programs are taught mostly outdoors and are held drizzle or shine. However, in the event of heavy rain or dangerous temperatures, an alternate indoor program may be substituted.
- If your group must reschedule, a $50 rescheduling fee will be applied.
- Cancellation Timeline Refund Amount
- More than 30 days’ notice - 100% returned
- 11 to 30 days’ notice - 50% returned
- Less than 11 days’ notice - NO REFUND
Accessibility at TNC
Tenafly Nature Center offers programming that is wheelchair accessible. We ask that you give two weeks notice so that we can accommodate the needs of your group.
If your group has visited us recently and you would like to let us know what you thought, please send us a program evaluation.
Your response will assist us in providing all groups with high quality programming in the future.
Saturday, December 20, 2014 • TNC Trails
Sunday, March 01, 2015 12:30 PM • TNC Visitor Center
Sunday, March 01, 2015 2:00 PM • TNC Visitor Center