There are many reasons to become a member of TNC. Some members hike in every season, attend outdoor programs, volunteer their talents and serve on committees; others read the newsletter or call the staff to ask nature questions. However you participate, being a member of TNC creates a local community -- and together, we can "Enrich our lives through nature".
As an member supported, non-profit organization, membership is critical to our mission. Tenafly Nature Center is an independent organization and does not receive state or county support. Memberships are 100% tax-deductible and expire one year from the date you join.
All Memberships Include:
Your Membership Helps:
- Keep our grounds and trails open admission free, 365 days a year.
- Maintain over seven miles of trails and nearly 400 acres of forest, streams and wetlands.
- Actively manage habitats for native wildlife.
- Offer affordable community programs for people of all ages and interests.
- Provide high quality education programs for schools, scouts, and local families.
- Provide scholarships for campers and special needs programs that could not otherwise afford to visit.
- Feed and care for our collection of 25+ Animal Ambassadors.
- Answer questions from our community about living with nature and rescuing wildlife.
- Train high school and college interns for natural history and education careers.
- Maintain the Redfield Building, Pavilion and other facilities used by 23,000 people each year.
- Record natural happenings, species accounts, and coordinate with area environmental organizations.