There are many reasons to become a member of TNC. Some members hike in every season, attend outdoor programs, volunteer their talents and serve on committees; others read the newsletter or call the staff to ask nature questions. However you participate, being a member of TNC creates a local community -- and together, we can "Think Globally, Act Locally".
As an member supported, non-profit organization, membership is critical to our mission. Tenafly Nature Center is an independent organization and does not receive state or county support. Memberships are 100% tax-deductible and expire one year from the date you join.
All Memberships Include:
- Over100 free and discounted programs for 1 year.
- Free guided walks with one of our Environmental Educators (1st Sunday of every month)
- Free Nature Story time (3rd Saturday of every month)
- Exclusive members-only programs.
- A one-year mailed subscription to the quarterly Tenafly Nature Center newsletter, Nature & News, which gives notice of upcoming events, programs and classes.
- Advance notice of events through e-mail updates.
- Members only benefit of enrolling your child for Nature Day CamporVacation Day Camps (min. Family level).
- Members only opportunity of holding a fee-based birthday party (min. Family level).
- Priority enrollment (over non-members) for after-school programs and camps.
- Free Explore-a-bag borrowing privileges (includes binoculars, field guides, etc.).
- Stephen Minkoff Memorial Library borrowing privileges, including DVD collection.
- Merchandise Discounts at participating local stores and restaurants.
- Free or discounted admission to more than 130 participating North American nature & science centers.
- Invitation to the Annual Meeting and election privileges.
- Memberships are 100% tax deductible.
Your Membership Helps:
- Keep our grounds and trails open admission free, 365 days a year.
- Maintain over seven miles of trails and nearly 400 acres of forest, streams and wetlands.
- Actively manage habitats for native wildlife.
- Offer affordable community programs for people of all ages and interests.
- Provide high quality education programs for schools, scouts, and local families.
- Provide scholarships for campers and special needs programs that could not otherwise afford to visit.
- Feed and care for our collection of 25+ Animal Ambassadors.
- Answer questions from our community about living with nature and rescuing wildlife.
- Train high school and college interns for natural history and education careers.
- Maintain the Redfield Building, Pavilion and other facilities used by 23,000 people each year.
- Record natural happenings, species accounts, and coordinate with area environmental organizations.
|Back Care Center in Dumont
|| 10% discount
|Clinton Inn Hotel in Tenafly
Discount applies to regularly priced guest rooms rates. Based on availability. Advanced registration required. No other discounts apply. Not including applicable taxes, gratuities, or alcoholic beverages.
| 10% discount
|Cooktique in Tenafly
|Palmer's Crossing in Tenafly
Not including applicable taxes, gratuities, or alcoholic beverages.
|Petite Paperie in Tenafly
|Ramsey Outdoor in Ramsey and Ledgewood
|Veggie Heaven in Teaneck
|Wild Birds Unlimited in Paramus
|Womrath's Bookstore in Tenafly